Google and Overture revolutionized advertising online with a single, elegant innovation: They took the risk of the ad not working by making advertisers pay only if a surfer clicked on it. Now a raft of publishers and advertisers are defining the next steps, expanding and refining cost-per-action advertising. Models abound, from deals where advertisers pay for every lead, every phone call or even every sale. But cost-per-action advertising has many of the same pitfalls and opportunities as cost-per-click: Smart advertisers have to find and prevent fraud and learn how to measure the results of their campaigns intelligently. On this panel, advertisers and agencies explain when cost-per-action is the right way to run a campaign, and how to do it well.
- I did not know the nations capital was New York?
- The metric type does not matter as long as it backs out into profit
- Forced to adopt CPA after the bust as no one had money
- Lead generation a major portion of the CPA model
- Challenges- Quality Leads
- Scaleability and Quality
- What is an acceptable scrub rate
- Shared Risk Between Advertiser and Vendor
- Landscape much more competitive these days
- CPA model still successful
- On a scale of one to ten the model is at a 7
- Most of our work is done networks
I just learned a good lesson. When going to conferences, pay more attention to the description of the sessions. I do not know why I did not do that in this case but, I think the last thing that I want to here about right now is affiliate marketing. Not that I do not think it is important but, I am hearing nothing knew and the types of things being discussed are what I already do.