Never before have there been so many new outlets for marketing. Find out from leading experts how to create a virtual worlds presence that integrates and complements your existing marketing activities.
Joel Greenberg, Sr. Planner, GSD&M
Greg Verdino, VP/Director of Emerging Channels, DIGITAS (moderator)
Roger Holzberg, Vice President - Creative Director / Walt Disney Parks
and, Resorts Online
Randal Moss, Manager of Futuring and Innovation Center,
American Cancer Society
Paul Hemp, Senior Editor, Harvard Business Review
Virtual Magic Kingdom
- 50th celebration of Disneyland
- The wedding of virtual with real
- Seeking a way to build brand loyalty with the Tween audience
- Just casting the net out there is not necessarily going to reel em in
- Walt Disney sent out maps out Disneyland before it would even built. If he could envision it in his mind it could become a reality
- In Virtual Worlds there has to be some level of entertainment before UGC comes in
- Virtual Worlds Are Marketing that require marketing
- Relay for life ( :) )
- A hearty thanks to the in world volunteers
- "You want ROI, here's your ROI numbers"
- Future United- SLCC
- Predicts growth of 3D aspects being attached to 2d sites
- Association of a brand with an immersive online experience
- VW going to fundamentally change e-commerce
- Shopping as a social experience
- E-Tailing 2.0 (I call it 3.Commerce)
- Dissolving the boundaries between real and virtual worlds, it is important to look at not just bring real into virtual but virtual into real worlds
- How can you use your brand as a social experience?
- Do you target the flesh and blood consumer or the avatar?
- Is an avatar some sort of a prism the refracts a marketing message? We are changed when we step into our avatar
Verdino- "In various virtual worlds I range from a teenage boy to a middle aged women. It is virtually meaningless to not try and understand the person behind the avatar"
- What is the value of someone spending an hour in my place in a virtual world
- It is fairly easily conceptually to bring real world fan base into virtual worlds
- Recommends Convergence Culture, Fourth Turning (journey??)
Tags: Joel Greenberg, GSD&M, Greg Verdino, Digitas, Roger Holzberg, Walt Disney Parks, Randal Moss, American Cancer Society, Paul Hemp, Harvard Business Review, Second Life, Virtual Worlds, VW2007, Virtual Worlds 2007, Metaverse, Marketing