Jeremy Lockhorn, Director, Emerging Media and Video Innovation, AvenueA - Razorfish
Walker Jacobs, Senior Vice president, Turner Entertainment New Media Ad Sales
Arnie Gullov-Singh, Vice President, Advertising Technology Group, Fox Interactive Media
Michael Pond, Media Analyst, Nielsen//NetRatings
Scott Schiller, Senior Vice President & Chief Revenue Officer, Glam Media, Inc.
Federico Grosso, Senior Vice President, Business Development, blinkx
Doug Scott, Senior Partner, Executive Director, Mather Productions Branded Content & Entertainment, Ogilvy & Mather, Moderator
- Constant challenge for brands and content creators to reach consumers
Where is the user experience going?
- Schiller-- "It is like groundhogs day all over again"
- The deportalization of the web
- You need to connect with consumers on their own terms
"how can we identify audiences and match them with advertiser" -- Gullov- Singh
- that is the key to social media. That is where consumers are going en masse
- "one of the problems with web 1.0 was the two ends of the spectrum" mass and niche. There was a great gap in the middle. Social media can help
- The Funnel-- Marketing 1.0
How is video coming into a text based Internet world?
"We are looking at social media less and less as a channel, more as an OS"-- Lockhorn
- Video is part of that
- Community driven interfacing with content
- "We are at the crossroad of the audience, content owners and advertisers"
- "Search is still a crucial tool for the web"-- Grosso --
Search Versus Discovery
- How much should search be an implicit process
- "The problem with the digital business is many technologists who create the solutions believe they have the answer because they have a cool technology"--Schiller
- reaching consumers on their terms
- "What is magical about our business is our ability to be dynamic" --Jacobs
- The inherent lack of targeting on TV
- "I am not sure that on the internet, the quality of content is the same as TV" -- Schiller
- Will the Internet be free?